• tpo-09 C2 Return a sociology book


    check out 在library里有借书的意思

    第 1 段
    1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a librarian employee.
    请听一段一位学生和一位图书管理员之间的对话。
    第 2 段
    1.Excuse me. Can you help me with something?
    劳驾,能帮我一个忙吗?
    第 3 段
    1.I'll do my best. What do you need?
    当然可以,你需要什么?
    第 4 段
    1.Well, I've received a letter in my mailbox saying that I'm supposed to return a book that I checked out back in January.
    嗯,我已经邮箱里面收到一封信,上面说我应该一月份就要把书拿回去还。
    2.It's called "Modern Social Problems".
    这本书叫做《现代社会问题》。
    3.But because I'm writing my senior thesis, I'm supposed to be able to keep the book all semester.
    但由于我一直在写毕业论文,我本该整个学期都用到这本书的。
    第 5 段
    1.So you signed up for extended borrowing privileges?
    所以你想办理延期还书对吗?
    第 6 段
    1.Yeah.
    是的。
    第 7 段
    1.But we are still asking you to bring the book back?
    但是我们还是让你把书还了是吧?
    第 8 段
    1.Uh-huh.
    嗯哈。
    第 9 段
    1.Well, let me take a look and see what the computer says.
    恩,让我先看看电脑系统上怎么记录的。
    2.The title was "Modern Social Problems"?
    书名叫做《现代社会问题》对吗?
    第 10 段
    1.Yeah.
    是的。
    第 11 段
    1.OK. Um...Oh, I see, it's been recalled.
    哦,我知道了,这本书已经收回了。
    2.You can keep it all semester as long as no one else requests it. But, someone else has.
    所以只要没人需要借到这本书,你整个学期都可以借着。但是已经有人登记要借了。
    3.It looks like one of the professors in the sociology department requested it.
    好像是社会学系的一位教授登记了。
    4.So you have to bring it back, even though you've got extended borrowing privileges.
    所以你要把书拿回来还,尽管你办理了延期还书。
    5.You can check out the book again when it's returned in a couple of weeks.
    你可以在几个星期后,等他还了后再来借书。
    第 12 段
    1.But I really need this book right now.
    但是我现在真的很需要这本书。
    第 13 段
    1.Do you need all of it or is there a certain section or chapter you're working with?
    你是整本书都需要还是只需要看里面的某个部分或章节呢?
    第 14 段
    1.I guess there is one particular chapter I've been using lately for a section of my thesis. Why?
    我想我最近的论文写作需要参考到里面的某一个章节。为什么这么问呢?
    第 15 段
    1.Well, you can photocopy up to one chapter of the book.
    是这样的,你可以拿那一章节去影印。
    2.Why don't you do that for the chapter you're working on right now?
    为什么不现在就拿这本书去影印下你需要的章节呢?
    3.And by the time you need the rest of the book, maybe it will have been returned.
    等到你需要参考其他章节的时候也许这本书就已经归还了。
    4.We can even do the photocopy for you because of the circumstances.
    根据情况我们可以甚至可以帮你完成影印的工作。
    第 16 段
    1.Oh, well, that would be great.
    噢,那太棒了。
    第 17 段
    1.I see you've got some books there.
    我看你这里有几本书。
    2.Is that the one you were asked to return?
    这本书是你被要求归还的吗?
    第 18 段
    1.No, I left it in my dorm room.
    呃不,我把书放在宿舍了。
    2.These are books I need to check out today.
    这些是我今天要借出的书。
    3.Is it OK if I bring that one by in a couple of days?
    几天后再把那本书拿来行吗?
    第 19 段
    1.Actually, you need to return it today.
    事实上,你今天需要把那本书还了。
    2.That is if you want to check out those books today. That's our policy.
    才能借出这些书。这是图书馆的规定。
    第 20 段
    1.Oh, I didn't know that.
    噢,我都不知道。
    第 21 段
    1.Yeah, not a lot of people realize that.
    是的,不是很多人知道这个规定。
    2.In fact, every semester we get a few students who have their borrowing privileges suspended completely because they haven't returned books.
    事实上,每个学期我们都会遇到一些学生的延期还书期限用尽了的,就是因为他们没有把书给还了。
    3.They're allowed to use books only in the library.
    他们只能在图书馆看书了。
    4.They're not allowed to check anything out because of unreturned books.
    因为他们没有把书还了,所以不能借出任何书本。
    第 22 段
    1.That's not good. I guess I should head back into the dorm right now then.
    这可不好。我想我现在必须马上回一趟宿舍。
    第 23 段
    1.But, before you go, what you should do is fill out a form requesting the book back in two weeks.
    但是,在你走之前,你需要填一张表,说明你两周后要再把书借出。
    2.You don't want to waste any time getting it back.
    你也不想把时间浪费在重新借书上吧。
    第 24 段
    1.Thanks a lot, now I don't feel quite so bad about having to return the book.
    非常感谢。现在我也没那么在意不得不把书还了的事了。

  • 相关阅读:
    Operator开发实例
    Go构建HTTP服务
    Go依赖包的管理
    Go并发编程机制
    Go语言的基础数据类型
    k8s的APIServer流程介绍
    promise、resolve、reject、拦截响应
    AngularJS中service,factory,provider的区别
    scope
    sass入门
  • 原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10182246.html
Copyright © 2020-2023  润新知