• TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation


    TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation
    第 1 段

    1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.

    听一段学生和教授的对话

    第 2 段

    1.Excuse me, can I help you?

    打扰一下,请问有什么能帮助你的吗?

    第 3 段

    1.You look a little lost. Yeah, I am. This is my first day on campus, and I don't know where anything is.

    你是不是迷路了啊?是啊。今天是我大学的第一天,我哪儿也找不到。

    第 4 段

    1.Can't find your orientation session?

    你找不到入学演讲会了是吗?

    第 5 段

    1.Uh-huh. What a way to begin!

    哎。真不是个好的开始。

    2.Lost going to orientation.

    我在去入学演讲会的路上迷路了。

    第 6 段

    1.Well, my guess is in the auditorium, that's where they usually are.

    呃, 我想应该在大礼堂吧,一般都在那儿的。

    第 7 段

    1.You're right, the general ones.

    没错,但是那个是综合性的演讲会。

    2.I went to one of those sessions earlier today.

    今天早些时候我去了几个

    3.But now I need the one for my major, engineering.

    但是现在我想找关于我专业的入学演讲会,就是工程专业

    提出了问题

    4.My schedule says the meeting room is in... Johnson Hall?

    我的日程表上写着是在, 我看看啊,乔森厅?

    5.In the engineering department, which should be right here in front of us, according to the map.

    是在工程系,我这地图上显示就是我们面前这楼啊

    6.But this building is called the Morgan Hall.

    可是这楼却叫做摩根厅。

    第 8 段

    1.Well, your map reading skills are fine actually.

    呵呵,你看地图的水平没有问题。

    2.This used to be Johnson Hall, all right.

    这里以前的确是叫乔森厅。

    3.Trouble is they changed the name to Morgan Hall last spring.

    问题是去年春天他们把这该名叫做摩根厅了。

    4.So they sent you a map with an old name? I am surprised.

    也就是说他们给你的地图是以前的名儿?有点奇怪。

    第 9 段

    1.Well, this was actually mailed out month and month ago.

    哦,其实这地图是我好几个月之前就收到的。

    2.I got a second pack in the mail more recently with another one of these maps in it.

    最近我又收到了一个邮件,里面倒是有一张这种地图

    3.I guess they must have the updated name.

    我想他们一定是把地图里面的地名更新了吧。

    4.I left that one in my dorm room.

    不过我把它落在宿舍里了。

    第 10 段

    1.Well, things change fast around here.

    是啊,这里变化快着呢。

    2.This building was renamed after one of our professors.

    这座楼是以我校的一位教授命名的。

    3.She retired a few months ago.

    她几个月前退休了

    4.She is very well-known in the world of physics.

    她是在物理学界知名的人物。

    5.Too bad for Johnson, I guess.

    可怜的乔森。

    第 11 段

    1.Who is Johnson anyway?

    那么乔森是谁呢?

    2.Oh, one of the early professors here.

    他是我们这的一名元老级教授。

    3.Unfortunately, I guess his ideas are going out of style.

    不幸的是,我想他的观点已经过时了吧。

    4.Science kept marching forward.

    科学一直在前进嘛。

    第 12 段

    1.I'll say it does. That's why I transferred to this university.

    确实。这也是我转到这所大学的原因。

    2.I was really impressed with all the research equipment you guys have at the laboratories.

    你们实验室里的研究设备简直太让我心驰神往了

    3.You are really on the forefront.

    的确是走在最前沿的。

    come here 的原因

    第 13 段

    1.Um... so do you know what kind of engineering you want to specialize in?

    呃,那你知道自己想专攻工程学哪个领域了吗?

    第 14 段

    1.Yeah, aerospace engineering.

    恩,航空航天工程。

    2.Well, the aerospace engineering department here is excellent!

    这里的航空航天工程系特别棒。

    3.Eh... do you know that this university was the first one in the country to offer a program in aerospace engineering?

    你知道吗?我们学校是我国第一所设立航天航空工程的学校。

    第 15 段

    1.Yeah, I know. And a couple of students who graduated from here became astronauts and orbited the Earth.

    是啊,我知道。而且这里几名毕业生还成为了宇航员并环地球航行呢。

    第 16 段

    1.Right. The department has many prominent alumni.

    是的。这个系的确有许多杰出的男毕业生。

    2.Well, you might end up taking some of your advanced math course with me.

    不过你很可能有机会跟我学习高数课程。

    3.I get a lot of students from the engineering department because I teach the required applied mathematics courses.

    我有很多工程系的学生,因为我教应用数学的必修课程。

    第 17 段

    1.Oh, cool. Actually, I want to get a minor in math.

    哇塞,太好了,其实我还真的很想辅修数学呢。

    第 18 段

    1.Excellent. Hmm... A major in aerospace engineering with a minor in math, you'll go far with that degree.

    那好极了。航空航天工程系,再加上数学的辅修,那你可将前程无量啊。

    2.More of our students should do that.

    更多的学生应该这样来做。

    3.There are so many more opportunities available in the field when you have a strong math background.

    因为如果有了强悍的数学做后盾,那么在你们这个领域就会获得更多的机会。

    第 19 段

    1.I'm glad to hear you say that.

    听您这么说我真的很高兴。

  • 相关阅读:
    媒体定律:马航失联客机取代昆明袭击
    讨论世界的意义是否存在
    神与信仰和人的意义
    读《人生哲思录》论“人”与“意义”
    如果人类世界灭亡 幸存者有多少资源
    stagewidth stage.width 区别
    flash的render延迟渲染
    【翻译】自定义 UIViewController Transitions
    [功能]点击ImageView进入页面,时间响应者链实现
    开学面试笔试总结
  • 原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10347137.html
Copyright © 2020-2023  润新知