TPO-15 C1 The campus newspaper's reporter position
第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a Student and the faculty Advisor of the campus newspaper.
听一段学生和校园报社指导教师的对话
第 2 段
1.Hi! I talked to someone on the phone a couple of weeks ago, Anna, I think it was?
嗨。我几周前在电话里和一个叫……我想是叫安娜的人沟通过。
第 3 段
1.I'm Anna, the faculty Advisor.
我是安娜,是指导教师。
第 4 段
1.Oh, great! I'm Peter Murphy. You probably don't remember me, but...
噢,太好了。我是皮特墨菲。你可能不记得我了,但是……
第 5 段
1.No! No! I remember you.
不不,我记得你。
第 6 段
1.You were interested in working for the paper.
你对在报社工作很感兴趣。
2.Yeah, as a reporter.
是的,我想做一名记者。
3.That's right. You're taking a journalism class and you've done some reporting before in high school, right?
太棒了。你正在上一门记者学的课程,而且你之前在高中有做过报导,是吗?
第 7 段
1.Wow, you have a good memory.
哇哦,你的记性真好。
第 8 段
1.Well we haven't had many students applying lately.
最近没有太多的学生来申请职位,
2.So... so anyway, you still want to do some reporting for us?
所以呢……不管怎么样,你还是想为我们做报导是吗?
第 9 段
1.Yeah, if you have room for me on the staff.
是的,如果你们还有职位可以给我提供的话。
第 10 段
1.Well we always need more reporters, but you know, we don't pay anything, right?
我们一直都需要记者,但是你知道的,我们是不给支付薪水的。
第 11 段
1.Yeah, I know, but I huh... I'd like the experience.
嗯,我知道,但是我呢……想要积累经验。
2.It would look good on my resume.
这会使我的简历更丰富些。
第 12 段
1.Absolutely! Let's see.
当然。那我们就看看。
2.I think I told you that we ask prospective reporters to turn in some outlines for possible articles.
我想我告诉过你,就是我们要求未来的记者提交一些可能性的文章大纲。
第 13 段
1.Yeah, I sent them in about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything back yet, so, so I thought I'd stop by and see, but I guess you haven't looked at them yet.
是的。我一周前就发送了,但是目前还没有收到回复,所以,我就想过来问一下,我猜你们目前还没有看吧。
第 14 段
1.Oh, Max, the news editor. He looks at all the submissions.
噢,新闻编辑麦克斯负责阅读所有提交的文章。
第 15 段
1.Oh, so he hasn't made any decision about me yet?
哦,那么他还没有做决定到底要不要我?
第 16 段
1.Well I just got here a few minutes ago... haven't been in for a couple of days.
我几分钟前才到这里。有几天没有过来了。
2.Just give me a second to check my e-mail.
给我一点时间,我来查一下邮箱。
3.Uh... here is a message from Max. Let' s see.
嗯,这有一封麦克斯的邮件。让我们来瞧瞧。
4.Well it seems you've really impressed him.
看起来他对你印象很深刻。
5.He says it would be wonderful if you could join our staff.
他说如果你能加入我们的团队将好极了。
第 17 段
1.Oh, great! When can I start?
太好了。那我什么时候开始呢?
第 18 段
1.Well, you turned in an outline on something to do with the physics department?
呃,你提交的大纲是和物理系相关的?
第 19 段
1.Yeah, they're trying to come up with ways to get more students to take their introductory courses.
是的。他们正想办法来让学生加入他们的基础课程。
第 20 段
1.Right, well, apparently, nobody else is covering that story, so he wants you to follow up on it.
是的。显然别人没有报道过这个事情,所以他希望你继续追踪。
第 21 段
1.OK. Uh... what about the other outline I sent in, about the proposed increase in tuition fees?
好的。那么我发送的另一篇大纲呢?就是关于学费上涨的提议的那个?
第 22 段
1.Oh, it looks like we've got that covered.
噢,看来我们已经有人在做了。
第 23 段
1.So I am starting with an article about the physics department.
那么我就从物理系的文章开始做起吧。
2.I guess I'd better get to work.
我想我还是最好赶紧进入工作状态。
3.Do you have any advice on how I should cover the story?
关于怎么样写好这个故事,你有什么好的建议吗?
第 24 段
1.Well, Max will want to talk to you but I am sure he will tell you to find out things like why the physics department's worried about enrollment.
麦克斯会和你谈的,我相信他会让你去探察一下为什么物理系会担忧录取学生的问题。
2.Has the number of Students been getting smaller in recent years? By how much?
是不是最近学生的数量在减少?减少了多少呢?
3.What kinds of plans are they considering to address this problem?
他们正在考虑什么方案来解决这个问题呢?
第 25 段
1.Right, some of those issues are already in what I proposed.
明白了,其中的一些我已经在我的大纲中提到了。
第 26 段
1.And you'll want to do some interviews, you know, what do the Professors think of the plans, what do the students think you get the idea but...
而且你需要做一些采访,你知道的,教授们认为这些方案如何,学生们的想法如何……但是……
第 27 段
1.But wait till I talk to Max before proceeding.
但是要等和麦克斯谈完之后才能继续做。
第 28 段
1.Right, he'll cover everything you need to know to be a reporter for us.
是的。他会告诉你一切关于如何成为我们报社记者的事情。
2.Can you come back this afternoon? He will be here until 5 o'clock.
你能今天下午再来一次吗?